Mavs who've left in the portal (as of May 3):
- Bohlsen (F) –> Mankato
- Pennington (D) –> Quinnipiac
- Berg (F) –> North Dakota
Incoming players from the portal (as of May 3):
- Noah Ellis (D) – sophomore from UMass
- Zach Urdahl (F) – junior from Wisconsin
- Dominic Vidoli (D) – fifth year player from Ohio State (he played part of a season with BU back in 2018-19)
- Jesse Lansdell (F) – fifth year player from Notre Dame
- Seth Eisele (G) – fourth or fifth year player from LSSU (it doesn't seem he played his first season there... kind of a question whether he has 1 or 2 seasons left like Kucharski)
We lost Weiss (F), Pivonka (F), and Tychonick (D), and Kucharski (G).
Combined with Bohlsen, Pennington, and Berg transferring, that's:
- 4 forwards
- 2 defensemen
- 1 goalie
Just looking strictly at last season's "roster slots," Omaha needs to bring in 2 forwards.
But who else comes in? Who else transfers?
As Jim alluded to, are we delaying some of these recruits coming in — waiting for 2024-25? Will additional Mavs be entering the transfer portal?
I'm really curious to see.
The following players have already signed NLIs:
- Tanner Ludtke - F
- Charlie Lurie - F
- Liam Watkins - F
- Ethan Whitcomb - F
- Marcus Broberg - D
You have to figure Ludtke (32 G, 34 A - #8 overall in points in the USHL) comes to Omaha next season.